Quick summary of events for HalR9000:
- I’m using the VS.Net 2003 build environment. I happen to have ActivePerl installed too.
- Grab CVS version of Psi – requires CVS client like TortoiseCVS
- Get Qt, and QCA libraries as described on the Psi development page
- Applied patch for QCA to get it to work under VS.Net 2003
- Build using makewin.bat
If you want to build the MUC version then:
- Get a native Win32 build of Arch – don’t forget to upgrade to 1.3 (I never tested 1.2, but I know 1.3 works)
- Follow example instructions and check out copy of Nolan’s Arch Archive
I had to hand edit some imports to get it to compile (just changed ‘using XMPP::XMPP;’ to ‘using namespace XMPP;’ in two header files). I was chatting to Nolan at the time, so I’m sure these fixes will go into his development archive too.
Update: I changed the link at the top to point to the list of builds. My first manual build is still available. (This archive only has the bare minimum of files, you must copy all other files from another Psi installation. If you Qt library is not version 3.3.4 then you must rename it to qt-mt334.dll. Nolan also informs me that it’s missing the required iconset files.)